The 2022 Annual Conference is Live.
- Jan 21st – Afternoon Arrival into SJO through Jan 30th – Morning Departure from Uvita
**Check OUT is at 11am on Jan 30th
Flō Retreat Center which sits about three kilometers up the mountains above Uvita, Costa Rica
Flō houses a fully equipped gym with squat racks that stare out into the jungle, a full commercial kitchen, a classroom, as well as accommodations for 20 attendees with expansive views of the Rio Uvita Valley and the Whale’s Tail. Flō sits on 20 acres of pristine rain forest bordered by rivers and six waterfalls on three sides with trails running down to a natural Olympic size pool and a 50 foot waterfall below.
For more information on regarding every pertaining to Flō click HERE.
There will be 18 total attendee spots available for this event. Accommodations will all be shared rooms (between 2 to 4 people per room). We will live, eat, learn, and train together.
If you want to come as a couple, the entrance fees will be the same for each person, as we only have so much space on site, but please email me before purchasing, as we only have three private couple rooms available, and they will not last long.
Shared Room with 4 People – $2497 for each registration
Shared Room with 2 People – $2897 for each registration
*If you sign up with a friend you each save $200!
- Entry into all speaking sessions.
- Access to the Research Based Content Creation prep course.
- Lodging and access to all on-site amenities.
- On-site local breakfast, lunch, and dinner (there will be a few unstructured lunch or dinners where attendees can go out to eat in smaller groups off site).
- Coffee, tea, and meditation each morning.
Registration Does Not Include:
- Airfare to and from Costa Rica – estimate $400-$700 depending on what airport you fly from.
- Transportation from SJO to and from Uvita. – estimate $60 dollars each way on shared transport.
- A personal rental car – you may elect to rent a vehicle but it will not be necessary – if you do make sure it is a 4×4.
- Any fees related to excursions and transportation to excursions.
- Snacks – if you are snacker bring your go-tos from the States. Only main meals will be provided.
In order to attend this event you must submit an application with the subject line 2022 Annual Conference to [email protected] with the following info:
- Why you want to attend this event?
- What are you looking to take back with you from this experience?
- Where have you traveled inside and outside the United States?
Refund and Exchange Policy:
- A 50% refund may be issued up to 90 days before the retreat.
- An exchange to another attendee may be made up to 90 days from the retreat.
- After 90 days, no exchanges or refunds are possible.
This is the only place where such instilling learning, questioning, and realizations can occur. I learn more about my industry and myself here in a few days than I do in a year at home.
Hands down the best learning experience I’ve ever had.
If I could only go on one trip a year this would be it. The combination of professional and personal growth I’ve undergone these past two weeks is unmatched. I’m excited to take what I’ve learned back to my pharmacy.
This was the hardest thing I’ve ever done and also that which I’m most proud of. I can never overstate the profound effect this week had on my professional development.
Dr. Tommy Wood is an elite-level professional nerd who has coached world class athletes in a dozen sports. He has an undergraduate degree in biochemistry from the University of Cambridge, a medical degree from the University of Oxford, and a PhD in physiology and neuroscience from the University of Oslo. Tommy is a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Washington, a Research Scientist at the Institute for Human and Machine cognition, and is on the scientific advisory board of Hintsa Performance. He is also Chief Science Officer for Bro Research. Tommy lives in Seattle with his wife Elizabeth and their two goofy boxers. In his spare time he can usually be found cooking, reading, or lifting something heavy.
Ryan L’Ecuyer has been lifting and researching all aspects relating to training, nutrition, and physical adaptation essentially since conception. His passion lies primarily in hypertrophy/bodybuilding and strength training, but still appreciates the magnitude of variables that affect the body’s ability to adapt to stress. With over 15 years personally in the trenches and 15,000+ hours of coaching experience, Coach L’Ecuyer uses the knowledge gained to continually push the physiological limits of the human organism. In 2014, Ryan achieved professional status as a life-time, drug-free bodybuilder and competes in powerlifting with a 1,537lb PR total. He also enjoys Ska and can still do a kick flip.
Dr. Ben House has worked as a Strength and Conditioning Coach and Nutritionist since 2006. House was accepted to medical school without an undergraduate degree, but elected to finish his degree and pursue a career in the health and fitness sector. He is currently lifting and practicing functional medicine after finishing his PhD and a multi-year metabolic health study within the Nutritional Sciences Department at UT-Austin. House has numerous publications in peer reviewed scientific journals such as The International Journal of Obesity, has presented his work at multiple international conferences, and his passion is researching, writing, and teaching. House puts out at least 300-500 pages of short, medium, and long free content per year and now lives in Costa Rica with his wife Steph and their puppies living the principles he asks others to build into their lives.