The 2023 Training and Meditation Week is Live.
- June 8th – Afternoon Arrival into SJO through June 15th – Morning Departure from Uvita
**Check OUT is at 11am on June 15th
Flō Retreat Center which sits about three kilometers up the mountains above Uvita, Costa Rica
Flō houses a fully equipped gym with squat racks that stare out into the jungle, a full commercial kitchen, a classroom, as well as accommodations for 30+ attendees with expansive views of the Rio Uvita Valley and the Whale’s Tail. Flō sits on 20 acres of pristine rain forest bordered by rivers and six waterfalls on three sides with trails running down to a natural Olympic size pool and a 50 foot waterfall below.
For more information on regarding every pertaining to Flō click HERE.
There will be 20 total attendee spots available for this event. Accommodations will all be shared rooms (between 2 to 4 people per room). We will live, eat, learn, and train together.
If you want to come as a couple, the entrance fees will be the same for each person, as we only have so much space on site, but please email me before purchasing, as there are only five private couple rooms available, and they will not last long.
Shared Room with 3 to 4 Total People – $1650 for each registration – Click HERE to Register
Shared Room with 2 Total People – $1950 for each registration – Click HERE to Register
*If you sign up with a friend you each save $200!
- Entry into all group sessions.
- Lodging and access to all on-site amenities.
- On-site local breakfast, lunch, and dinner (there will be a few unstructured lunch or dinners where attendees can go out to eat in smaller groups off site).
- Coffee, tea, and meditation each morning.
Registration Does Not Include:
- Airfare to and from Costa Rica – estimate $400-$700 depending on what airport you fly from.
- Transportation from SJO to and from Uvita. – estimate $60 dollars each way on shared transport.
- A personal rental car – you may elect to rent a vehicle but it will not be necessary – if you do make sure it is a 4×4.
- Any fees related to excursions and transportation to excursions.
- Snacks – if you are snacker bring your go-tos from the States. Only main meals will be provided.
Refund and Exchange Policy:
- A 50% refund may be issued up to 90 days before the retreat.
- An exchange to another attendee may be made up to 90 days from the retreat.
- After 90 days, no exchanges or refunds are possible.
6:00am – 8:00am – Morning Training Block
8:00am – 8:30am – Morning Meditation
8:30am – 9:00am – Breakfast
9:30am – ~12:30pm – Excursion
12:30pm – 1:00pm – Lunch
1:30pm – 3:00pm – Open Work/Relaxation Block
3:30pm – 5:30pm – Afternoon Training Block
5:30pm – 6:00pm – Evening Meditation (weather permitting some of these may be at the beach)
6:00pm – 7:00pm – Dinner
This is the only place where such instilling learning, questioning, and realizations can occur. I learn more about my industry and myself here in a few days than I do in a year at home.
Hands down the best learning experience I’ve ever had.
If I could only go on one trip a year this would be it. The combination of professional and personal growth I’ve undergone these past two weeks is unmatched. I’m excited to take what I’ve learned back to my pharmacy.
This was the hardest thing I’ve ever done and also that which I’m most proud of. I can never overstate the profound effect this week had on my professional development.
Dr. Ben House has worked as a Strength and Conditioning Coach and Nutritionist since 2006 and has had the opportunity to work and consult with thousands of people. These include high school, collegiate, and professional athletes as well as mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters who are looking to improve their health and performance.
House was accepted to medical school without an undergraduate degree, but elected to finish his degree and pursue a career in the health and fitness sector. He is currently teaching, building, and consulting after finishing his PhD and a multi-year metabolic health study within the Nutritional Sciences Department at UT-Austin. House has numerous publications in peer reviewed scientific journals such as The International Journal of Obesity, has presented his work at multiple international conferences, and his passion is researching, writing, and teaching.
Ben is currently researching, writing, and teaching for Bro Research and Deconstruct Nutrition and also works as the Director of Health and Performance for Kollective Labs.