The 2020 Fall Mindfulness and Nutrition Workshop Modules will run from Sept. 25th through Oct. 4th.
- September 25th – 28th, 2020
- This module will be very Zen focused, but we will try various other forms of mindfulness throughout the weekend.
Nutrition Workshop Module
- October 1st – October 4th, 2020
- Day 1 of this Module will be Food by Numbers, Day 2 will revolve around Data Collection, and Day 3 will be how to move past everything from Day 1 and Day 2.
*If you sign up for both modules your lodging is free between the two modules.
Sand Bay, WI
400 feet of sand beach with a classroom and meditation room surrounded by Lake Michigan.
There will be limited attendee spots available for each of these events. Accommodations will all be shared rooms (between 2 to 4 people per room).
If you want to come as a couple, the entrance fees will be the same for each person, as we only have so much space on site, but please email me before purchasing, as we only have five private rooms available, and they will not last long.
Nutrition Workshop Module
- Access to all amenities on site.
- Onsite breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the modules.
- Coffee, tea, and meditation each morning.
Registration Does Not Include:
- Transportation to Sand Bay
- Snacks – Only main meals will be provided.
Enrolled in BR200
In order to attend either of these retreats you must submit an application with the subject line 2020 Fall Modules to [email protected] with the following info:
- Why do you want to attend this event?
- What are you looking to take back with you from this experience?
Refund and Exchange Policy:
- A 50% refund may be issued up to 90 days before the retreat.
- An exchange to another attendee may be made up to 90 days from the retreat.
- After 90 days, no exchanges or refunds are possible.
Dr. Tommy Wood is an elite-level professional nerd who has coached world class athletes in a dozen sports. He has an undergraduate degree in biochemistry from the University of Cambridge, a medical degree from the University of Oxford, and a PhD in physiology and neuroscience from the University of Oslo. Tommy is a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Washington, a Research Scientist at the Institute for Human and Machine cognition, and is on the scientific advisory board of Hintsa Performance. He is also Chief Science Officer for Bro Research. Tommy lives in Seattle with his wife Elizabeth and their two goofy boxers. In his spare time he can usually be found cooking, reading, or lifting something heavy.
Kim House has been practicing Zen Buddhism for over 20 years and was ordained as a Zen teacher in 2006. His smile fills a room and he has been working his whole life at really listening. He leads small and large meditation groups and practices daily himself. He also enjoys writing, fishing, cooking, and fixing things.
Dr. Ben House has worked as a Strength and Conditioning Coach and Nutritionist since 2006. House was accepted to medical school without an undergraduate degree, but elected to finish his degree and pursue a career in the health and fitness sector. He is currently lifting and practicing functional medicine after finishing his PhD and a multi-year metabolic health study within the Nutritional Sciences Department at UT-Austin. House has numerous publications in peer reviewed scientific journals such as The International Journal of Obesity, has presented his work at multiple international conferences, and his passion is researching, writing, and teaching. House puts out at least 300-500 pages of short, medium, and long free content per year and now lives in Costa Rica with his wife Steph and their puppies living the principles he asks others to build into their lives.